This is the kind of party I can get behind. Obviously this pizza is lacking a significant amount of fried eggs, but don't worry, I ate it with some. I just didn't want to hide the party going on underneath them in the photo.
You guys, this is the best pizza I have ever made. The jalapenos add a very mellow spice and the bell peppers give the whole thing a crispness and a sweetness and both of them together compliment the sauce in this insane way and, you guys, you just gotta make it... and eat it... and live!
Butter Count: 4 Tbsp
306 g bread flour
2 g active dry yeast
8 g salt
2 g vegetable oil
200 g water
Enough of THIS SAUCE to cover a pizza, about 1 cup
1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
3 slices green bell pepper
3 slices red bell pepper
2 jalapenos, sliced, seeds removed from very seedy slices
1. Mix the flour, yeast, and salt together. Add the oil and water. Mix with fingers until well combined.
2. Knead the dough for 3 minutes. Let rest, uncovered, 15 minutes. Knead for another 3 minutes. Split in half and cover with a damp towel. Let rest 4-6 hours.
3. Preheat a grill/oven to the highest possible temperature. If using a baking steel, place it inside the grill/oven at this time.
4. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the pizza peel (or the counter if not using a peel).
5. Sprinkle the parchment paper with cornmeal, generously.
6. Stretch half of the dough into desired shape and lay it on the parchment paper.
7. Cover the surface with sauce.
8. Cover the sauce with the cheese and pepper (bell + jalapeno) slices.
9. Transfer the parchment paper to the preheated grill/oven. Close the grill, if applicable.
10. Cook for 10 minutes before checking the doneness of the bottom of the dough. Cook additional 1 minute at a time before checking the doneness again. Repeat until the bottom is fully cooked and nicely browned.
11. If desired, transfer (without the parchment paper) to the broiler and cook an additional 2 minutes until the top is slightly burnt.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 with the other half of the dough because one pizza will clearly not be enough.